Thigh Lift in Chicago
You may notice that your inner or outer thigh areas are not as tight and firm as they used to be. As women age and lose skin elasticity, or lose significant amounts of body fat, thigh areas can droop from excess skin and fat. A thigh lift is a way to remove unwanted excess tissue and to tighten your thigh area.
What should I expect from a thigh lift?
- The main goal of a thigh lift is to tighten your thigh area by removing unwanted and drooping excess fat and skin. This drooping can occur with aging or after significant weight loss. After this procedure you should expect more toned and slimmer-looking thighs. Dr. Galiano will perform this procedure to yield minimal scarring, and will seek excellent long-term results. You may also expect renewed self-esteem and confidence as a result of your new figure.
Am I a candidate for a thigh lift?
- In general, if you are over 18 years of age, are in good health, and have realistic expectations, you are likely an excellent candidate for a thigh lift. If you have excess skin or fat around your thighs, a thigh lift could be right for you. For best long-term results, your weight should stable and you should be committed to a healthy lifestyle including fitness and healthy eating.
How does Dr. Galiano perform a thigh lift?
- Dr. Galiano’s approach will vary depending on whether you seek treatment focusing more on your inner or outer thigh. The incision can be limited to the groin, but most commonly involves an incision along the medial thigh. The procedure is done in the operating room under general anesthesia or sedation with local anesthesia. It usually lasts between 2-4 hours, and patients go home the same day.
A thigh lift can also be performed along with liposuction.
What can I expect during the recovery period?
- Thigh lifts are generally performed as an outpatient procedure, so you should expect to go home the same day. Dr. Galiano will plan your procedure to minimize your recovery time as much as possible. A compression garment will be placed around your thighs to control swelling, and temporary drains may be placed to relieve fluid as you heal. Most patients benefit from being away from work for a week or so. Pain is very patient-specific, but most patients will not have significant pain when they have the procedure performed by Dr. Galiano. There will be swelling, and a variable amount of bruising initially. You may do mild exercises as soon as you feel up to it.
What are some of the risks of a thigh lift?
- Any surgical procedure has risks, and you will be given a full discussion of these during your consultation. Some known risks include the following:
- Anesthesia risks
- Minimal Scarring
- Small wounds
- Uneven contours
- Loose or rippling skin
- Tissue damage
Dr. Galiano will go over these risks, and will discuss ways that he minimizes the chances of them occurring.
How can I schedule a consultation?
- Please call our office at: (312) 926-4382, or complete the “request an appointment” section online.