Body Lift Chicago
Surgery for Excess Skin
As a woman ages, or loses a significant amount of weight, her skin becomes less elastic and fat and skin can start to droop. A body lift in Chicago is an excellent way for Dr. Galiano to help you restore a tight and toned body shape. This generally includes the waist, hips, thighs, abdomen, and buttocks. A body lift removes excess fat and skin, while at the same time tightening the underlying tissue such as the muscle which supports your skin.
What should I expect from a body lift?
- The main goal of a body lift is to tighten your midsection trunk and back, lateral thighs and flanks, and buttocks by removing unwanted and drooping excess fat and skin. This drooping can occur with aging or after significant weight loss. After this procedure you should expect more toned and slimmer-looking hips, waist, buttocks, abdomen, or thighs, depending on your area of interest. Dr. Galiano will perform this procedure through techniques and insights gleaned from his scar research, including ways to produce an optimal scar and excellent long-term results. You may also expect renewed self-esteem and confidence as a result of your new figure.
Am I a candidate for a body lift?
- In general, if you are over 18 years of age, are in good health, and have realistic expectations, you are likely an excellent candidate for a body lift. If you have excess skin and fat around your midsection and lower back and buttocks that bothers you, a body lift can be beneficial in restoring your body shape and tone. For best long-term results, your weight should stable and you should be committed to a healthy lifestyle including fitness and healthy eating. Patients who have benefited from significant weight loss (massive weight loss) should have a stable weight for one year prior to this procedure, and ensure they are not malnourished.
How does Dr. Galiano perform a body lift?
- Dr. Galiano’s approach will vary depending on whether you seek treatment focusing more on various parts of your body, such as the hips versus buttocks. The procedure is done in the operating room under general anesthesia or sedation with local anesthesia. It usually lasts about 4 hours, and patients go home either the same day or after an overnight stay in the hospital, depending on your preference and if any other procedures were done.A body lift can also be performed along with liposuction.
What can I expect during the recovery period?
- Body lifts are generally performed as an outpatient procedure, so you should expect to go home the same day. Dr. Galiano will plan your procedure to minimize your recovery time as much as possible. A compression garment will be placed over the treated area to control swelling, and temporary drains may be placed to relieve fluid as you heal. Most patients benefit from being away from work for one or two weeks. Pain is very patient-specific, but most patients will not have significant pain when they have the procedure performed by Dr. Galiano. There will be swelling and a variable amount of bruising initially. You may do mild exercises as soon as you feel up to it.
What are some of the risks of a body lift?
- Any surgical procedure has risks, and you will be given a full discussion of these during your body lift consultation in Chicago. Some known risks include the following:
- Anesthesia risks
- Minimal Scarring
- Small wounds
- Uneven contours
- Loose or rippling skin
- Tissue damage
Dr. Galiano will go over these risks, and will discuss ways that he minimizes the chances of them occurring.
How can I schedule a consultation?
- Please call our office at (312) 926-4382, or complete the “request an appointment” section online.