As skin ages, forehead creases, frown lines, and crow’s feet around your eyes and neck can surface. Botox is a safe, minimally invasive injectable that provides long-lasting relaxation of the muscles in your desired area. It is administered in the office, and can be done in 15 minutes, even during your lunch break! Named for “Botulina Type A Toxin”, Botox is a purified product that impedes nerve impulses in the muscles causing your wrinkles. Botox is a faster, less invasive alternative to surgical procedures with more dramatic results such as facelift and forehead lift.
Dr. Galiano’s philosophy regarding cosmetic surgery and botox
- I believe that the best result in cosmetic surgery is one that looks natural, is long-lasting, and is tailored to your physical traits and your desires. This is achieved through the judicious use of both minimally invasive as well as surgical procedures, depending on your needs and your wishes. My main goal is simple: I want to make you happy.
The judicious use of Botox and other neurotoxins can give your face a relaxed, tranquil look without making you appear “frozen” or inanimate. It can be used creatively throughout the face to achieve this aim. Over time and with regular use, it has been shown to prevent the development of some wrinkles and fits in nicely with my philosophy of minimal interventions for maximal gain – and prevention of aging is as important as treatment of age-related changes.
What should I expect from botox?
- The main goal of botox is to give you a younger and more serene appearance by relaxing the muscles in your face. Wrinkles and the tightening of muscles occurs naturally as you age. There are 43 muscles in your face and Dr. Galiano will take care to target the area of your choice. Botox is minimally invasive, so there will be no resulting scar. The most common possible downside is a small amount of bruising. It may take up to a week to notice the full effect. Botox is not permanent- it generally lasts three to four months, after which time you may wish to receive a regular series of injections to maintain the results you have obtained.
Am I a candidate for botox?
- In general, if you are over 18 years of age, are in good health, and have realistic expectations, you are likely an excellent candidate for botox. If you have undesired wrinkles, and are seeking a minimally invasive procedure that can help stave off the development of certain wrinkles, or simply wish to look well-rested, botox may be the right solution for you.
How does Dr. Galiano perform botox?
- Dr. Galiano will use a small needle to inject the botox into your face. This procedure does not require anesthesia and usually takes about 15 minutes to perform. Depending on your desires, Dr. Galiano may use one or multiple injections in different parts of your face.
What can I expect during the recovery period?
- Botox injections require a relatively short outpatient procedure in the clinic. You can perform all of your normally activities immediately, however, do retrain from touching or massaging treated areas, as this can affect the placement of the botox. Do not exercise the same day as your botox injection. As such, no recovery period is required, but it may take up to a week to see the full effects of the botox.
What are some of the risks of botox?
Although botox is known generally to be safe, some complications and side effects that may occur include:
- temporary facial weakness or drooping
- pain and bruising at the injection site
- flu-like symptoms
Dr. Galiano will go over these risks, and will discuss ways that he minimizes the chances of them occurring.
How can I schedule a consultation?
- Please call our office at: (312) 695-4778, or complete the “request an appointment” section online.